2011 Whynot Motorsports Park Rules
Click Here For Printable Rules (.pdf file)
General Rules All Divisions
NeSmith Crate Late Model Rules
UMP Open Wheel Modified Rules
Street Stock Rules
Mini Stock Rules
Pure Stock Rules
GENERAL RULES ALL DIVISIONS
1. WE EXPECT COURTEOUS CONDUCT FROM ALL PARTICIPANTS AT ALL TIMES.
2. THERE WILL BE NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IN THE PITS BEFORE OR DURING THE RACING PROGRAM.
3. DRIVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CREW!! ANY DRIVER, CAR, OWNER, MECHANIC, OR CREW MEMBER WHO ENCOURAGES OR TAKE PART IN ADVERSE DEMONSTRATION OR FIGHTING IN THE PITS, TRACK, OR SURROUNDING PREMIES BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER A RACING EVENT SHALL BE ASKED TO LEAVE, AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO SUSPENSION, LOSS OF PRIZE MONEY, AND/OR FINED.
4. FIRESUITS AND GLOVES ARE REQUIRED IN ALL DIVISION. IF TWO PIECE SUIT IS WORN TOP AND BOTTOM MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES ON THE TRACK. HELMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST HAVE FACE AND EYE PROTECTION.
5. ALL CARS ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION BY TRACK OFFICIALS AT ANY TIME.
6. ALL CARS MUST HAVE WORKING BRAKES, START ON THERE OWN POWER, AND HAVE A WORKING REVERSE GEAR. TOW HOOK UPS ARE REQUIRED ON THE FRONT AND REAR OF CARS.
7. A QUICK RELEASE HARNESS NO LESS THAN THREE INCHES WIDE WITH A MINUMUM OF 4 MOUNTING POINTS IS REQUIRED.
8. CAR NUMBERS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 INCHES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE CAR AND THE ROOF.
9. ALL WEIGHTS IN CARS MUST BE BOLTED, WELDED OR PINNED. ANY PINNED IN WEIGHTS MUST SECURE WITH TAPE OR ZIPTIES. ALL WEIGHTS MUST BE PAINTED WHITE WITH CAR NUMBER ON THEM.
10. ALL DRIVE SHAFTS MUST BE PAINTED WHITE.
11. NO MIRRORS ALLOWED IN RACE CARS.
12. NO RADIOS OR ELECTRICIAL COMMUNICATIONS.
13. AT THE END OF EACH FEATURE RACE THE TOP FOUR CARS MUST COME DIRECTLY FROM RACE TRACK TO SCALES AND TECH STATION. FAILURE TO GO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
14. ONLY DRIVERS AND TRACK OFFICIALS ALLOWED IN THE TECH AREA DURING INSPECTION. ANYONE WHO COMES TO TECH AREA WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE, IF THEY DO NOT LEAVE THE CAR THEY ARE WITH MAY BE DISQUALIFIED AND OR SUSPENDED.
15. WE ARE A NEW TRACK AND WITH SUCH TRACK MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO UPDATE, MODIFY, AND OR DELETE RULES WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION.
16. REMEMBER THAT IF THE RULEBOOK DOES NOT SAY THAT YOU CAN DO IT THEN YOU PROBABLY CAN'T! SO IF YOU MUST GET "INOVATIVE", TRY IT IF YOU MUST BUT DON'T GET MAD IF YOU ARE FOUND TO BE ILLEAGAL!
17. WE @ WMP WILL DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO PROTECT THE RACERS AND THE INTEGRITY OF THE STOCK CLASSES!
18. LET THERE BE NO MISTAKE IT IS THE DRIVERS RESPONSABLITY TO BRING A LEGAL CAR. "GOOD LUCK IN POST RACE INSPECTION"
19. IF IT IS IN BLACK AND WHITE IN THIS RULE BOOK THERE WILL BE NO GRACE PERIOD SO IT IS EITHER RIGHT OR WRONG.
RACING PROCEDURES ALL CLASSES
1. INITIAL STARTS
A. INITIAL DOUBLE FILE STARTS WILL BE AT THE CONE IN TURN FOUR. THE POLE SITTER WILL INITIATE THE START OF THE RACE.
B. THE FRONT ROW WILL HAVE ONE CHANCE TO START THE RACE. IF THERE IS A FALSE START WHOMEVER JUMPS THE START WILL BE PENALIZED ONE ROW.
C. ON INITIAL START IF A CAR SPINS OUT ON HIS OWN AND THE CAUTION COMES OUT THAT CAR WILL RESTART AT THE REAR OF THE FIELD.
D. ON INITIAL START IF THERE IS CONTACT BETWEEN TWO OR MORE CARS AND SOMEONE SPINS OUT THEY WILL RESTART IN THEIR STARTING POSITION. ( IF NO LAPS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED)
A. FOR DOUBLE AND SINGLE FILE RESTARTS, THE LEADER OF THE RACE CAN RESTART ANYWHERE IN TURN FOUR. THE LEADER DOES NOT HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL HE REACHES THE CONE.
B. ON ALL RESTARTS DRIVERS MUST STAY IN LINE UNTIL THEY HAVE PASSED THE CONE IN TURN FOUR.
C. FOR DOUBLE FILE RESTARTS THE LEADER WILL BE ON THE POINT-BY HIMSELF.THE SECOND PLACE DRIVER WILL CHOSE TO RESTART HIGH OR LOW. AFTER HE CHOOSES THE REST OF THE FIELD WILL FOLLOW. FOR INSTANCE - IF SECOND PLACE CHOOSES HIGH THE THIRD PLACE CAR GOES LOW, THE FOURTH GOES HIGH AND THE FIFTH GOES LOW AND THE SIXTH GOES HIGH ETC...
D. DOUBLE OR SINGLE FILE RETARTS WILL BE DECIDED BY TRACK OFFICIALS
GENERAL TRACK RULES
1. IF A DRIVER CAUSES TWO CAUTIONS IN A SINGLE RACE, EITHER BY SPINNING OUT ON THE OWN OR BY CONTACT WITH ANOTHER CAR, THEY WILL BE SENT TO THE PITS.
2. ANYONE WHO GOES TO THE PITS FOR ANY REASON WILL RESTART AT THE END OF THE FIELD.
3. LAPPED CARS WILL RESTART BEHIND ALL LEAD CARS.
4. WE DO NOT RACE BACK TO CAUTION.LINEUPS WILL BE DETERMINED BY LAST COMPLETED LAP.
5. TWO- COURTESY LAPS WILL BE GIVEN FOR FLATS.
GREEN -- BEGIN RACING
BLACK-- GO TO YOUR PIT
BLUE AND YELLOW-- HOLD YOUR LINE
WHITE-- ONE LAP REMAINING
CHECKERD-- RACE IS OVER
THIS APPLIES TO RULES IN ALL CLASSES
1. PROTEST MAY NOT BE MADE BY ANYONE BUT A DRIVERCOMPETING IN THAT PARTICULAR CLASS.
2. PROTEST COAT 125.00 CASH, AND MUST BE GIVEN TO TECH OFFICAL
3. ALL PROTEST MUST BE IN WRITTEN FORM.
4. ONLY ONE ITEM PER PROTEST FEE. PROTESTED ITEM MUST BE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. SPECIFIED ITEM IS HEADS, PISTONS, CAM, FLYWHEEL, CLUTH, ETC...
5. NO ITEM MAY BE EXAMINED OTHER THEN WHAT IS BEING PROTESTED.
6. ONLY THE TECH OFFICIAL, THE PERSON BEING PROTESTED, AND THE ONE MAKING THE PROTEST ARE ALLOWED TO EXAMINE THE PROTESTED ITEM.
7. ALL PROTEST MUST BE GIVEN TO THE TECH OFFICAL A MAXIMUM OF 10 MINS AFTER THE CHECKERD FLAG IS TAKEN IN THE CLASS BEING PROTESTED.
8. THE PURSE FOR THE CLASS WILL BE HELD UNTIL PROTEST DECISION IS MADE BY TECH OFFICIAL.
1. CARS MUST BE AMERICAN MADE FULL BODY, FULL SIZE CARS WITH MINIMUM WHEEL BASE OF 112 INCHES.
2. ALL CARS MUST BE FACTORY STOCK.
3. NO MODIFICATIONS CAN BE DONE TO MOTOR, SUSPENSION, OR BODY.
4. THROTTLE CONTROL MUST BE MOVED TO THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR (RIGHT SIDE).
5. POLLOVER BAR REQUIRED, BUT IT CAN NOT GO THROUGH EITHER FIREWALLS.
6. NO WELDED UP REAR ENDS. FACTORY POSI UNIT IS OK.
7. MUST RUN STOCK WHEELS AND TIRES.
8. MUST HAVE SOLID DIVIDER BETWEEN FRONT SEATS.
9. LETS KEEP THIS CLASS SIMPLE.
10. NO DRIVER THAT HAS DRIVEN A HIGHER CLASS THEN CRUISER AT WMP WILL BE ALLOWED TO STEER -THEY WILL BE OK TO GAS ONLY.
PURE STOCK RULES
The Statement: Unless it came on a stock, mass produced vehicle, it is NOT LEGAL UNLESS SPECIFIED HERE! If it came on a stock, mass produced vehicle and it is prohibited here, it is NOT LEGAL! All dimensions are referenced as the car is raced. Your tire pressures, spring settings, ect. May put your car out of limits. No variances are allowed when / if the cars are checked / weighed going onto the track. Following the race, decisions on variances for accident is at the discretion of the Tech Inspector(s).
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER CLASSES:
These cars are primarily for NEWER drivers to V8 cars. There are a large number of stock parts.
Any Chrysler, Ford or GM model car that was / is mass-produced for the United States Market. Check with track before you build.
No ceramic or carbon fiber parts allowed.
One, mounted in front of the engine for the purpose of cooling water and, optionally, to cool an automatic transmission.
Location: Stock location for Make / Model / Year.
Properly Sealed GM 602 Crate Motor in any make car.
(Must run 500cfm Holley 2 barrel)
MAKE: Corporate engine must match the corporate frame, any year ok.
LIFT: Must not exceed .450 lift as measured at the top of the valve.
Block: Stock based, steel, small block not to exceed 362 ci. Must be stock bore (+60 ok) and stroke. NO strokers / hybrids (no383ci Chevys, No 347 Fords, ect.) All engine casting numbers stamped on the engine must be unaltered.
CAM: Chain driven
LIFTERS: Solid or hydraulic. No rollers or mushrooms. No ceramic.
PISTONS: Dished or Flat. No Domes
RODS: OEM length. Example: SBC must be 5.7 inch I-Beam rods No 6 Inch rods. No H-Beam rods.
HEADS: OEM iron heads. Vortec heads ok. OEM style stamped steel rockers. No roller rockers. No roller tipped rockers. Screw in studs and guide plates OK. No Porting/ Polishing.
VALVES:Maximum of 2 valves per cylinder. Max intake is 1.94. Max exhaust is 1.50.
CARBURETOR: One carb. 500 cfm two barrel Holley with stock, unaltered, throttle arm and butterflies. Choke plate may be removed. Choke housing must remain in place. Power valve may be removed/blocked off. The accelerator pump squirter may not extend into the area directly above the venturi (Tech Purposes). Recommend Epoxing the boosters for safety.
CARB CLAIM: Any car owner of a car in the FEATURE RACE may claim the carburetor of any car finishing ahead of the claimers car in the FEATURE RACE for $300 and swap of claimers carb. Only 2 Claims per year. (Tech Inspector(s) will have final say so if carb is in shape to swap).
Any cast iron. No Porting / Polishing. OK to drill the intake to mount on Vortec heads.
CARB ADAPTER / SPACER:
No more than 1 adapter and no more than 1 spacer a combined total of 1 inch thick. May be Aluminum, Wooden or Plastic.
AIR FILTER HOUSING:
No vacuum lines allowed between the air cleaner and the carburetor. Only one, round, mass produced air cleaner may be used. Maximum size of the element will be 14in in diameter by 4 inches tall. Air cleaner top and bottom must be made of solid metal. NO PLASTIC AIR HATS.
Battery operated. OEM electronic ignition system such as HEI required. Distributor must be mounted in the stock location and maintain the stock firing order. No crank / triggered ignition. No ignition boxes.
If used, must be 12 volt and of OEM design.
After market to include fluid damper ok.
NUMBER ONE PLUG:
Must be at stock location for make and model.
Full size after market ok.
After market ok.
POWER STEERING PUMP:
Stock for make/model. : After market power steering pumps and steering quickeners are ok for 2011.
Other items must be OEM style but may be after market items.
Any titanium or other similar sophisticated lightweight parts. Mounting the engine so that the centerline of the crankshaft is more than 1in from the center point between the 2 top ball joints.
Racing gasoline OK. No after market additives. No cool cans. See the safety rules on the required fuel cell.
Must exit approximately parallel to the ground and not be aimed in the direction of the cockpit. Any cast iron manifold. Headers OK with 1 5/8 in primaries and 3 in collectors. No over the frame or crossover headers. Each side must include 36 in of 2 in pipe.
OEM steel only. OEM dimensions
Single disc clutch only 10 ½ in minimum. No aluminum flywheel. Stock type flywheel to weigh no less than 14lbs., stock type pressure plate no less than 13lbs., stock disc type clutch and flywheel required. Stock torque converter 13in required with automatic transmission. Transmission may have shift kit installed, 1/4in steel plate surrounding stock bell housing or blow proof bell housing required. No racing clutches are light flywheels, or small torque converters, or racing torque converters are allowed. Functioning torque converters must weigh 38lbs minimum.
OEM steel. Universal joints are to be similar in design to OEM units. Minimum drive shaft diameter is 3 inches.
Ford 9” OK in any make. When using 9” Ford make sure brackets are in stock location. OEM 5 or 6 lugs OK after strongly considering installing C-Clip eliminators or other provisions such as that breaking a rear axel dose not cause the axel to come out of the housing.
Minimum of 2 rear and 1 front brake. No floating brakes.
May use 2 batteries. If battery is located in drivers compartment it must be in an enclosed battery box and securely fastened. No bungee cords or ratchet straps. NO EXCEPTIONS. Must power the starter and the ignition and any accessories.
OEM for Make / model / Year of the body.
Must be as manufactured for the Make / Model / Year. Minimum Wheel Base 106”. A one-inch tolerance may be allowed at the direction of the Technical Inspector for accident damage the day of race.
OEM style for Make / Model. No Rack and pinions unless OEM Equipped. No steering quickners.
OEM.Right, upper A-arm and all steering linkage may be reinforced as long as their identity remain clear. OEM style and dimensions racing shocks allowed. Shocks MUST use the OEM mounts and remain in their OEM location. NO SCREW JACKS. OEM style and dimension racing springs allowed. Springs must remain in their stock mounts and locations. For coil spring cars you may use 5-inch springs. Chrysler torsion bar suspension is permitted if it was stock on the year and model designated for the car. No driver adjustable suspension devices permitted.
OEM. Shocks must use the OEM mounts and remain in their OEM location. NO SCREW JACKS. OEM style and dimension racing springs allowed. Springs must remain in their stock mounts and location. For coil spring cars you may use 5-inch springs. Chrysler torsion bar suspension is permitted if it was stock on the year and model designated for the car. OEM design leaf spring setups in which the springs are securely fastened to the rear end are OK. No driver adjustable suspension devices permitted. No “Z” links, aftermarket panhard bars, aftermarket J-bars, torque links, torque arms, damper shocks, fifth coils, ECT.
Other than listed under REAR SUSPENSION, no other traction devices are permitted.
OEM production body, 1960 or newer. Complete stock body, unaltered except as stated here. Hoods may be gutted. Firewall must be completely stock and in the stock location. No open holes in firewall (seal Penetrations). Maintain the stock floor from firewall rearward to the leading edge of the trunk. There must be a firewall between the driver’s compartment and the trunk. NO decking allowed, must have open cockpit from firewall to rear firewall. All doors must be welded and / or bolted shut. Exterior door sheet metal may be replaced with fabricated sheet metal panels. Doors may be gutted. Install 3 driver’s sidebars, with 1/8” steel plate covering the door bars from front to back and top to bottom welded in place on outside of bars (Strongly Recommended). Install a minimum of 2 right side bars. The frame rails do not count as the door bars. See the safety rules for other items. Front inner panels optional on shock cars, required on strut cars. Trunk lid may be gutted. All glass must be removed. No mirrors. Grill may be replaced with wire mesh. Must have stock bodylines. Must have a metal firewall between driver and fuel cell. No fuel line in drivers compartment unless contained in conduit / pipe. Stop sign post material allowed between front and rear fenders on side of body to protect sheet metal and paint jobs. Fenders may be cut for tire clearance. Front fender well may be removed. Rear fender wells must be sealed, homemade OK. The rear of the car must be closed in.
NOSE / GRILL:
Aftermarket plastic nose for Make / Model OK. Front grill may be removed if such nose is installed.
OEM for Make / Model OK. Fabricated Late Model type front bumpers may be used if professionally built and properly installed. No sharp edges. Ends must be modified with tubing to produce a backward bend. Maximum bumper width is 60 inches. May not extend more than 3 inches outward from the attachment point of the last support / brace that attaches at a 45 to 90 degree angle. 1 upper and 1 lower bar of no more than 1 inch tubing no more than 60 inches wide may be added to the bumper to support the nosepiece. These bars may be no wider than the bumper and must have ends that curve backward and may curve upward or downward towards the bumper. Bumper ends must be smooth and rounded and stay within the bodylines. All bumper material mounts; braces and hardware must be steel and / or aluminum.
May have an opening for the air cleaner. The claimed engine size must be displayed on each side of the hood reading from the closet side of the car. Use letters at least 3 inches tall with the length proportional to the height.
Stock appearing. No spoilers or wings. The left and right edges of the roof are to be approximately the same height from the top of the doors and quarter panels. No more than 1 inch tolerance. The left and right side support panels for the roof must be the same design and front to back length.
See the section on SAFETY.
No part of the seat may extend rearward past the plane generated by connecting the rear most edges of the doors. Aftermarket GAS pedal OK. (May be relocated) Stock brake and clutch pedals in stock location. Must retain OEM window openings.
Required. May be gutted. Must be able to be opened.
Any Make / Model OEM OK. Fabricated OK if approved by Tech. Ends must be smooth. Must be attached to the frame or roll cage in at least 4 places, 2 on each side of centerline.
Not allowed, PERIOD. ( If your car came with one take it OFF).
15X8 Steel wheels only. No wide fives. Must mount with at least 5 lug nut design. Mud caps OK. No Bead Locks.
IMCA G-60 or 60 series D.O.T. No mud grips.
All cars must weight 3400 pounds with driver on board.
GOOD LUCK IN POST RACE INSPECTION
IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO TEST THESE RULES,
MAYBE YOU SHOULD START IN STREET STOCK
FEATURE WINNER WILL START AT THE REAR AT THE NEXT EVENT (DRIVER)
OPEN WHEEL MODIFIED
WHYNOT IS A UNSANTIONED BUT WILL BE GOING BY UMP RULES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TIRES. THE ONLY TIRE ALLOWED WILL BE HOOSIER G60 IMCA TIRE.
CRATE LATE MODEL
WHYNOT IS A "NeSmith" CRATE RACING USA SANTIONED TRACK AND THERE RULES WILL BE IN EFFECT AT ALL TIMES.
WEEKLY GENERAL RULES:
1. THE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN DOES NOT EXPRESS OR IMPLIES WARRANTY OF SAFETY, FROM PUBLICATION OF, OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. THEY ARE INTENDED AS A GUIDELINE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THE CRATE RACIN’ USA SANCTIONED STREET STOCK DIVISION, ALSO KNOWN AS THE NESMITH STREET STOCK DIVISION, AND ARE IN NO WAY A GUARANTEE AGAINST INJURY TO PARTICIPANTS.
2. THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CRATE RACIN’ USA STREET STOCK DIVISION WEEKLY SANCTIONED EVENTS.
3. CRATE RACIN’ USA OFFICIALS SHALL HAVE FULL AUTHORITY OVER SAID SANCTIONED EVENTS, AND IN THE EVENT OF ANY DISPUTE, THE HEAD OFFICIAL'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL.
4. ALL ARE SUBJECT TO BE INSPECTED BY THE CRATE RACIN’ USA TECHNICAL INSPECTORS AT ANY TIME DURING ANY EVENT.
5. CRATE RACIN, USA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONFISCATE ANY SUSPICIOUS, OR DEEMED ILLEGAL, COMPONENTS.
6. CRATE RACIN’ USA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER OR AMEND THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS IN THE INTERESTS OF FAIR COMPETITION.
7. THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE CRATE RACIN’ USA, SANCTIONED STREET STOCK DIVISION HAVE BEEN SANCTIONED AND APPROVED BY THE CRATE RACIN’ USA DIRT LATE MODEL SERIES, P.O. BOX 1346, CARTERSVILLE, GA 30120, AND AVAILABLE ONLINE AT WWW.NeSMITHRACING.COM.
WEEKLY MEMBERSHIP AND ENTRY FEES:
- ALL DRIVERS PARTICIPATING AT NESMITH STREET STOCK DIVISION WEEKLY SANCTIONED TRACKS, AND EVENTS MUST PURCHASE AN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP, AT A COST OF $50 PER YEAR. THIS MEMBERSHIP MAKES THE DRIVER ELIBIBLE FOR ANY WEEKLY RACING SERIES POINTS FUND MONIES, AND CONTINGENCY AWARDS.
- A DRIVER VISITING AND NOT COMPETING AT A WEEKLY SANCTIONED TRACK ON A REGULAR BASIS MAY PURCHASE A TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIP OF $15 PER RACE. A TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIP MAY BE PURCHASED ONLY TWO TIMES, AFTER TEMPORARY MEMBERSHIPS ARE PURCHASED, AN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MUST PURCHASED TO CONTINUE COMPETING.
- WEEKLY TRACKS WILL BE UPADATED OF RACERS MEMBERSHIP STATUS ON A WEEKLY BASIS, VIA EMAIL.
- ANY DRIVER COMPETING AT A WEEKLY SANCTIONED RACE TRACK AND EVENT MUST PAY A $10 ENTRY FEE.
WEEKLY RACE PROCEDURES:
- RACE PROCUDURES AT WEEKLY TRACK ARE THE DISCRETION OF INDIVIDUAL SPEEDWAY. RACE TRACKS SHOULD BE CONSISTANT AND FAIR IN THEIR RACE FORMATS AND PROCEDURES AT ALL TIMES. KEEP IN MIND THAT RACERS ARE ALSO COMPETING AGAINST COMPETITORS AT ALL OTHER WEEKLY SANCTIONED TRACKS AT THE SAME TIME.
- WEEKLY TRACKS MAY NOT HAVE A DOUBLE POINTS RACE FOR WEEKLY RACING SERIES POINTS, HOWEVER IN THE EVENT OF EXCESSIVE RAIN OUTS, AND MAKE UP RACES ARE NEEDED, A TRACK MAY RUN A DOUBLE FEATURE EVENT. NOTICE MUST BE PROVIDED TO THE SERIES 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE OF DOUBLE FEATURE EVENT, TO PROMOTE AND LET ALL RACERS KNOW WHAT IS TAKING PLACE AT YOUR SPEEDWAY.
- IN THE EVENT OF RAIN AT THE SPEEDWAY DURING A SCHEDULED WEEKLY RACING EVENT, AND THE FEATURE EVENT HAS NOT COMPLETED MORE THAN HALF THE ADVERTISED LAPS, THAT EVENT MUST BE EITHER CANCELLED COMPLETELY, OR MADE UP THE NEXT WEEK AS A DOUBLE FEATURE, FIELD WILL BE SET AS QUALIFIED THE PREVIOUS ATTEMPT TO RACE.
WEEKLY ENGINE RULES:
ENGINE OPTION 1:
1. GM PART NUMBER 88958602 , WEIGHT 3,000
2. THESE ENGINES ARE SEALED AT THE INTAKE MANIFOLD, CYLINDER HEAD, FRONT COVER, AND OIL PAN WITH SPECIAL TWIST OFF BOLT HEADS ORIGINALLY FROM GM. CRATE USA SEALS ALLOWED, NO RM BOLTS, FOR ANY OTHER SEALING SYSTEM CONTACT CRATE RACIN USA FOR APPROVAL. CRATE ENGINES MUST NOT BE ALTERED, MODIFIED OR CHANGED FROM FACTORY SPECS.
3. THE SEALED ENGINES MUST REMAIN INTACT AND NOT BE TAMPERED WITH; ANY SEALS THAT HAVE BEEN REMOVED OR TAMPERED WITH WILL MAKE THE ENGINE ILLEGAL AND NOT ELIGIBLE FOR COMPETITION. THE PENALTY FOR ANYONE TAMPERING WITH SEALS, MODIFYING ANY INTERNAL ENGINE PARTS, CHANGING THE PARTS FROM STOCK AS DELIVERED SEALED FROM THE FACTORY WILL BE SUBJECT TO EXPULSION FROM RACING WITH ANY CRATE RACIN' USA SANCTIONED EVENT FOR THE REMAINDER OF SEASON AND FUTURE SEASONS.
4. NO CHANGES ARE ALLOWED TO THE ENGINE - INTAKE MANIFOLD, HEADS, VALVE COVERS, FRONT COVER, OIL PAN, HARMONIC BALANCER OR ANY OTHER PART / OR PARTS ON / OR IN ENGINE.
5. NO VACUUM PUMPS.
6. ALL CRATE ENGINES MUST REMAIN STOCK AS THEY CAME SEALED FROM THE FACTORY. CRATE ENGINES MUST NOT BE ALTERED, MODIFIED OR CHANGED FROM FACTORY SPECS.
7. ENGINE’S GM SERIAL NUMBER AND WHEN APPLICABLE CRATE USA BUILD CERTIFICATION NUMBER, MUST BE CLEARLY VISIBLE TO SERIES TECHNICAL INSPECTORS.
8. ANY VIOLATION OF THE ENGINE RULES AND/OR FACTORY SPECS INSIDE THE SEALING SYSTEM OF THE ENGINE WILL RESULT IN THE DRIVER AND/OR OWNER BEING DISQUALIFIED FROM THAT EVENT, AND SUSPENDED FROM SERIES COMPETITION FOR 365 DAYS AND PAY A $1,000 FINE. AFTER THAT PERIOD, THE DRIVER CAN ONLY COMPETE IN SERIES EVENTS WITH AN ENGINE EQUIPPED WITH ORIGINAL FACTORY GM SEALING BOLTS, OR CRATE USA SEALS FROM AN AUTHORIZED REBUILDER APROVED AND, AUTHORIZED BY CRATE RACIN USA OFFICIALS. DRIVER AND/OR OWNER WILL BE NOTIFIED IN WRITING OF SERIES DECISION, ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
9. ANY VIOLATION OF THE ENGINE RULES AND/OR FACTORY SPECS OUTSIDE THE SEALING BOLTS OF THE ENGINE WILL RESULT IN THE DRIVER BEING DISQUALIFIED FROM THAT EVENT. DRIVER AND/OR OWNER COULD BE SUSPENDED FROM SERIES COMPETITION FOR UP TO BUT NOT MORE THAN 30 DAYS, AND FINED UP TO BUT NOT MORE THAN $500.00, AT SERIES OFFICIALS DISCRETION. DRIVER AND/OR OWNER WILL BE NOTIFIED IN WRITING OF SERIES DECISION, ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
ENGINE OPTION 2:
- MINIMUM WEIGHT 3200 LB. 362 CUBIC INCH MAXIMUM, FACTORY STEEL BLOCKS, AND OEM STREET PRODUCTION STRAIGHT PLUG STEEL HEADS, RHS VORTEC PART #12407, or ENGINE QUEST PART #350C, STOCK REPLACEMENT HEAD OK(173CC MAX INTAKE RUNNER VOLUME NO TOLERANCE). NO PORTING OR POLISHING HEADS . MAX. VALVE SIZE, 2.02” INTAKE, AND 1.6” EXHAUST, STOCK SIZE STEMS, NO TULIP STEMMED VALVES. ANY INTAKE MANIFOLD, NO PORTING AND POLISHING. ANY OTHER CAST IRON HEAD ADD 100LB. NO ALUMINIMUM HEADS. STOCK, STOCK TYPE REPLACEMENT CRANKS AND RODS, NO EXOTIC MATERIAL CRANKS OR RODS.
- MUST USE STOCK AND BORE AND STROKE COMBINATION (EX. CHEVROLET 4.060” BORE, 3.48” STROKE, FLAT TOP PISTONS ONLY. ANY FLAT TAPPET CAMSHAFT ONLY. NO ROLLER CAMS. TIMING CHAINS ONLY NO GEAR DRIVES.
- STUD MOUNT ROCKERS ONLY. NO STUD GIRDDLES. STOCK DIAMETER VALVE SPRINGS ONLY, 1.25” MAXIMUM O.D. BEEHIVE SPRINGS ALLOWED.
ENGINE OPTION 3:
- ANY ENGINE LARGER THAN 362 CUBIC INCHES, AND USING ANY BORE AND STROKE COMBINATION MUST WEIGH MINIMUM OF 9LB PER CUBIC INCH AND HAVE CUBIC INCHES , AND PROMINANTLY DISPLAYED ON HOOD. MUST USE ABOVE CYLINDER HEAD, CAM, AND INTAKE RULES.
WEEKLY ENGINE SETBACK RULE:
- ENGINE MUST BE MOUNTED IN STOCK LOCATION, CENTER OF CHASSIS. #1 SPARK PLUG MUST BE IN FRONT OF OR CENERLINE OF UPPER BALL JOINT.
- WEIGHT PENALTIES OF 50LB PER ½” WILL BE ADDED FORWARD OF WATER PUMP FOR IMPROPER SET BACK.
WEEKLY CARBURETOR RULE:
- HOLLEY 4412 500 CFM 2 BARRELL. NO PORTING OR POLISHING CHANGING OF BOOSTERS OR ALTERING OF CARBURETORS IN ANY WAY.
- 2 BARRELL CARBS CHECKED WITH GO-NO-GO GAUGES TOP TO BOTTOM.
- MAY RUN 1” MAXIMUM CARBURETOR SPACER .040” TOLERANCE, AT NO POINT MAY SPACER EXTEND INTO INTAKE MANIFOLD AREA. WITH 2 STANDARD THICKNESS CARBURETOR GASKETS, .070” MAXIMUM THICKNESS. EITHER ENGINE.
- 602 ENGINE MAY RUN ANY 4 BARRELL CARBURETOR.
WEEKLY DISTRIBUTOR RULE:
- ANY STANDARD DISTRIBUTOR TYPE ELECTRONIC IGNITION ALLOWED. MSD OK. NO MAGNETO’S, AND NO CRANK TRIGGER SYSTEMS.
WEEKLY STARTER RULE:
1. ALL CARS MUST HAVE STARTER IN WORKING ORDER.
WEEKLY WATER PUMP RULES:
1. STOCK TYPE CAST OR ALUMINUM PERMITTED.
2. NO ELECTRIC WATER PUMP.
3. MANUAL FANS ONLY, NO ELECTRIC FANS
WEEKLY EXHAUST RULES:
- COLLECTOR TYPE HEADERS REQUIRED. MUST HAVE FOUR (4) TUBES INTO ONE (1) COLLECTOR OF A
- MUFFLERS NOT REQUIRED UNLESS TRACK MANDATES. WHEN MANDATED MUFFLER’S MUST HAVE SOME TYPE
OF INTERNAL NOISE DAMPENING CHARACTERISTICS, BAFFLES, EXTRUDED HOLES, SCREEN, CHAMBERED, ETC. MUFFLER’S MUST MEET LOCAL SPEEDWAY’S NOISE DECIBAL REQUIREMENTS.
- NO TRI-Y HEADERS OR MERGED HEADERS ALLOWED.
WEEKLY FUEL - FUEL CELL - FUEL PUMP RULES:
- AN APPROVED FUEL CELL MUST BE SECURELY MOUNTED IN THE TRUNK AREA OF THE
CAR, INSIDE A .20 GAUGE METAL BOX SUPPORTED BY A MINIMUM OF TWO 2" BY 1/8" STEEL STRAPS.
- GASOLINE OR RACING GAS ONLY – NO ETHANOL (E85, OR E105) NO METHANOL, OR ALCOHOL - NO NITROUS
OXIDE. NO PROPYLENE OXIDE, OR CHEMICAL ADDITIVES. FUELS MUST HAVE A SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF LESS THAN .745. ANY FUEL WITH A SPECIFIC GRAVITY OF .745 OR GREATER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. IT IS THE RACERS RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS PUTTING IN THE FUEL CELL.
- MECHANICAL FUEL PUMP ONLY, MOUNTED IN STOCK LOCATION. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS. NO BELT DRIVE FUEL PUMPS.
WEEKLY EVENT ENGINE PROTESTS:
- THE PROTEST FEE FOR A COMPLETE TEAR DOWN AN ENGINE THAT FINISHES THE FEATURE EVENT IS $500, FOR COMPLETE ENGINE TEAR DOWN. $250 FOR TOP END PREOTEST. 602 ENGINE COMPLETE TEAR DOWN IS ONLY OPTION AVAILABLE. THE PROTEST FEE MUST BE PAID TO THE RACE DIRECTOR OR TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, IN CASH, WITHIN 10 MINUTES AFTER THE CHECKERED FLAG HAS FALLEN ON THE FEATURE. MUST FINISH IN THE TOP 5 TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PROTEST. $100 OF PROTEST FEE WILL GO THE SERIES/ TRACK, REMAINING WILL GO TO WINNER OF PROTEST. ANY PART OR PARTS FOUND TO BE ILLEGAL WILL BE CONFISCATED.
- AT ANY TIME AN ENGINE IS PROTESTED, AND DRIVER/CAR OWNER ACCEPTS PROTEST AND AGREES TO TEAR DOWN, THE ENGINE BEING PROTESTED MUST BE REMOVED AND INSPECTED OR IMPOUNDED BY RACE TRACK RIGHT THEN. ARRANGEMENTS FOR NATIONAL TECHNICAL DIRECTOR FOR INSPECTION CAN BE MADE IF NECESSARY. ANY REFUSAL AT THIS POINT FOR ANY REASON WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, AND DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY.
3. ANY CRATE RACING USA SANCTIONED RACE TRACK IS AUTHORIZED TO CALL FOR AN ENGINE INSPECTION OR TEAR DOWN BY TRACK OR CRATE RACING USA NATIONAL TECHNICAL DIRECTOR. IF THIS HAPPENS TRACK WILL REMOVE ENGINE AT RACE TRACK, AND INSPECT OR IMPOUND UNTIL INSPECTION DAY CAN BE ARRANGED FOR ALL PARTIES INVOLVED.
4. FAILURE AND/OR REFUSAL TO TEAR DOWN AN ENGINE AND/OR FOR YOUR RACE CAR TO BE INSPECTED BY SERIES OFFICIALS AT ANY TIME WILL RESULT IN A 365-DAY SUSPENSION AND FINE OF A DETERMINED AMOUNT BY SERIES OFFICIALS.
5. ONLY TWO PEOPLE FROM THE PROTESTED CAR AND 1 PERSON DESIGNATED FROM THE TEAM PROTESTING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE TECH AREA DURING A PROTEST.
WEEKLY BODY RULES:
- CAR MUST HAVE STOCK STEEL OEM ROOF. ROOF SUPOORTS FRONT AND REAR SHOULD BE STOCK OR MADE JUST LIKE STOCK. REMAINDER OF BODY MAY BE OEM, OR OEM REPLACEMENT PARTS. MAY USE AFTERMARKET BODY PANELS. STEEL OR ALLUMINUM, HOODS, FENDERS, DOORS, QUARTERS, OR TRUNK LIDS. ALL BODIES MUST BE STOCK STYLE, HAVE BODY SEAMS AND LOOK LIKE CAR BEING CLAIMED. NO RAISED QUARTER PANELS. NO FIBERGLASS BODY PANELS ANY WHERE.
- ALL CARS MUST HAVE STEEL FACTORY FIREWALL, AND STEEL FLOOR PAN TO REAR OF DRIVERS SEAT, AND EXTEND FROM DRIVERS DOOR TO PASSENGER DOOR. IF STOCK FLOOR PAN TO DETERIORATED MAKE MAKE A STEEL FLOOR PAN AND FIRWALL. 20 GAUGE MINIMUM STEEL WITH DRIVE SHAFT TUNNEL, FULLY WELDED AND ENCLOSED. NO POP RIVETED FLOOR PANS AND FIREWALLS HEATER BOX HOLES, OR RUST HOLES MAY BE CLOSED, AND SHOULD BE CLOSED WITH WELDED IN STEEL PATCH PANEL. NO TUNNELLING FLOOR PANS LIKE LATE MODEL OR MODIFIED. IF PASSENGER SIDE ENCLOSED AN INSPECTION DOOR MUST BE INSTALLED 8” X 8” MINIMUM. BODY MUST BE CENERED ON CHASSIS, BE STOCK APPEARING IN ALL WAYS. INSTALL IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.
- FIREWALL MAY BE CUT OR MOVED FOR DISTRIBUTOR CLEARANCE.
- AFTERMARKET PLASTIC NOSE PIECE AND TAIL PIECES ALLOWED. FRONT AND TAIL MUST BE ENCLOSED, AND LOOK LIKE CAR BEING CLAIMED. NO WEDGE OR LATE MODEL STYLE NOSE PIECES ALLOWED.
- MUST USE STOCK BUMPERS, OR LIGHT WEIGHT TUBING FOR BUMBERS. NO PUSH BARS OUTSIDE BUMPER COVERS FRONT OR REAR. ALL CARS MUST HAVE A TOW HOOK FRONT AND REAR. NO RUB BARS OR BRACES OUTSIDE THE BODY.
- ALL GLASS AND PLASTICS MUST BE REMOVED.
- 4” MAXIMUM SPOILER, WITH 4” SIDE BOADS. 602 MAY RUN 8” SPOILER. 60” MAXIMUM WIDTH OF REAR SPOILER, AND MUST BE CENTERED ON BODY.
FRAME AND SUSPENSION:
- FRAMES MUST STOCK FRONT TO REAR, UNI-BODY CARS MAY CONNECT SUB FRAMES. X-BRACING ALLOWED. ALL CARS MUST REMAIN WITHIN ½” OF STOCK WHEEL BASE OF CAR BEING RACED. FRAME AND SUSPENSION MUST BE SAME MANUFACTURER OF BODY AND CAR BEING RACED. GM BODY=GM FRAME, FORD BODY=FORD FRAME, ETC.
- FRONT SUSPENSION: MUST USE STOCK STEERING BOX, STOCK DRAG LINK, IDLE ARM, TIE RODS AND TIE ROD ENDS. QUICK STEER ALLOWED. STOCK SPINDLES, AND STOCK CAST IRON BRAKE CALLIPERS. STOCK LOWER CONTROL MANDATORY, NO SHORTENING OR LENGTHENING LOWER CONTROL ARMS. 5” COIL SPRINGS MANDATORY, MOUNTED IN STOCK LOCATION. WEIGHT JACKS ALLOWED, TUBULAR AFTER MARKET UPPER CONTROL ARMS ALLOWED. STEEL BODIED, NON ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS ONLY, NO SCHRADER VALVE SHOCKS. CROSS MEMBER MAY NOT BE CUT OR ALTERED EXCEPT FOR FUEL PUMP CLEARANCE.
- REAR SUSPENSION: STOCK REAR SUSPENSION ONLY, MUST BE THE SAME AS MAKE OF CAR BEING RACED. ANY STOCK TYPE REAR END HOUSING PERMITTED, (GM 10-12 BOLTS, OR FORD 9 INCH), IN ANY MAKE OF CAR. NO QUICK CHANGE REAR ENDS. FLOATER AXLES PERMITTED, MUST USE STEEL STOCK LUG PATTERN HUBS, NO WIDE 5 ALLUMINUM SAFETY HUBS. REAR END MAY BE LOCKED. REAR TRAILING ARMS MUST BE STOCK (MAY BE BOXED FOR STRENGTH AND SAFETY), OR STOCK LENGTH TUBULAR NON ADJUSTABLE TRAILING ARMS OK, ARMS MUST WE WITH IN 1/2'” OF FACTORY LENGTH TRAILING ARMS FOR CAR BEING RACED, 2 ¾” MAX FROM BOTTOM OF HOUSING TO CENTER OF CONTROL ARM BOLT. LEAF SPRING CARS MAY HAVE ADJUSTABLE SHACKLES, BUT NO SLIDERS ON LEAF SPRINGS. 5 INCH COIL SPRINGS MANDATORY, ANY LEAF SPRING ALLOWED. WEIGHT JACKS ALLOWED. STEEL BODIED, NON ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS ONLY, NO SCHRADER VALVE SHOCKS.
- BRAKES: MUST HAVE OPERATING BRAKES, DUAL MASTER CYLINDERS OK. STEEL ROTORS ONLY, NO EXOTIC BRAKE SYSTEMS.
CLUTCH AND TRANSMISSION:
- STOCK OR MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS MAY RUN ANY CLUTCH, PRESSURE PLATE.
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH, SHIFT KITS ALLOWED.
- BERT OR BRINN TRANSMISSION ALLOWED.
- DRIVE SHAFT LOOP MANDATORY ALL CARS, MUST BE MOUNTED 5” TO 8” BEHIND FRONT U-JOINT OF DRIVE SHAFT. ALL DRIVE SHAFTS MUST BE PAINTED WHITE FOR SAFETY.
TIRES AND WHEELS:
- 8” STEEL WHEELS MAXIMUM. BEADLOCKS ALLOWED. STOCK TYPE LUG PATTERNS ONLY, NO WIDE 5 WHEELS OR ADDAPTERS.
- ANY 60 SERIES MAX. DOT APPROVED RADIAL PASSENGER STREET TIRES (Must be approved for highway use).
- G-60 HOOSIER TIRES PERMITTED.
- NO MIXING OR MATCHING ALL 4 TIRES MUST BE DOT TIRES, OR ALL 4 HOOSIER TIRES.
- SIPING ALLOWED. NO GROOVING, NO CHEMICALLY ALTERING OF TIRES.
- HOOSIER H-500 ALLOWED AT SEASON START. BEGINNING JULY 1, 2013 H-500 MANDATORY ON REAR. BEGINNING 2014 SEASON WILL BE ONLY TIRE ALLOWED.
MINI STOCK RULES
1. 1960 AND NEWER REAR WHEEL DRIVE COMPACT CARS ONLY.
2. STOCK FIRE WALL AND FLOOR PANS IN STOCK LOCATION.
3. CARS MUST HAVE STOCK APPEARING BODY. MAY USE AFTERMARKET NOSE AND TAIL PIECES BUT NO WEDGES ALLOWED.
4. ROLL CAGES MUST BE BUILT IN A SAFE MANNER.
5. REAR SPOILER MUST MOT BE MORE THEN 8" TALL AND NO WIDER THEN TRUNK LID.
1. ALL FRAMES AND SUSPENSION PARTS MUST REMAIN STOCK AND UNALTERED FOR MAKE AND MODEL OF CAR. YOU MAY TIE SUB- FRAM CARS TOGETHER.
2. SHOCKS AND SPRINGS MUST BE IN STOCK MOUNTING LOCATION.
3. ALL SUSPENSION AND BUSHING MUST BE IN PLACE IN ORIGINAL LOCATION. NO EXTRA SUSPENSION BARS ALLOWED/
1. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS ALLOWED EXCEPT FOR CARS THAT HAVE NO PROVISION FOR MECHANICAL FUEL PUMP. CARS WITH ELECTRIC PUMPS MUST HAVE A SHUT OFF SWITCH IN REACH OF THE DRIVER, AND A MERCURY SHUT OFF SWITCH AT THE FUEL PUMP.
2. FUEL CELL REQUIRED AND MOUNTED IN A SAFE MANNER BEHIND THE REAR HOUSING.
3. PUMP GAS ONLY.
4. NO FUEL INJECTION ALLOWED.
5. CARBURETOR SHALL BE A HOLLY 4412 WITH A MAX OF 500 CFM. MUST PASS GO-NO-GO FROM BOTTOM
TRANSMISSION AND DRIVE TRAIN
1. STEEL FLYWHEELS ONLY. CLUTCH MUST BE ABLE TO ENGAGE AND DISENGAGED.
2. NO BUTTEN CLUTCHED. STOCK TYPE CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE OR YOU CAN USE A SONIC MACH SERIES SINGLE DISC MADE BY TILTON.
3. ALL BELLHOUSINGS MUST HAVE TEO INCHE INSPECTION HOLE IN THE UPPER HALF FOR VIEWING AND INSPECTION.
4. MUST HACE A WORKING REVERSE AND FORWARD GEAR.
5. MUST USE TRANSMISSION FOR MAKE AND MODEL OF CAR.
6. NO MID ENGINE OR FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CARS.
7. DRIVE SHAFTS SAFETY LOOP MUST BE INSTALLED AT LEAST SIX INCHES BEHIND FRONT U-JOINT.
1. WEIGHT SHALL BE ONE POUND FOR EVERY CC OF ENGINE.
2. MINIMUM WEIGHT SHALL BE 2200 LBS.
3. CC'S SHALL BE DISPLAYED ON HOOD OF CAR.
TIRES AND WHEELS
1. TIRES SIZES MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 7 INCHES AND A MAXIMUM OF 10 INCHES.
2. 8 INCHES STEEL WHEEL MAXIMUM ALLOWED.
3. 44 OR 57 COMPOUND TIRES MUST BE USED AND MUST PASS PUNCH TEST.
1. MUST RUN INLINE 4 CYLINDER.
2. MUST BE STOCK FOR MAKE AND MODEL OF CAR.
3. MUST BE IN STOCK LOCATION.
4. NO ROLLER CAMS ALLOWED.
5. NO STROKED OR DESTROKED MOTORS.
6. CAN USE STOCK IGNITIONS OR MSD IGNITION. MUST ADD 25 LBS OF MSD
7. NO ALUMIUM HEADS, EXCEP FOR IMPORT CARS.
8. ANY PORTING MUST ADD WEIGHT
50 LBS FOR PORTED HEAD
50 LBS FOR PORTED INTAKE
9. MSUT HAVE WORKING STARTER.
10. SINGLE OVER HEAD CAMS ONLY. NO DUAL CAMS.
Beginner Class-- The least expensive class that runs at this track. This class is for novice drivers just entering racing, NOT FOR VETERAN DRIVERS. If you feel you must build a high dollar motor or trick racecar, this class is not for you. Stock or late model is more in your line. management will make the determination as to when a Stinger driver should move up to Street Stock .
-Any factory OEM Import or Domestic car, 1980 or late four (4) cylinder powered front-wheel drive passenger vehicle.
-Must be complete bumper-to-bumper body and frame as OEM Street legal for highway driving
- No convertibles
-No cars with sunroofs, t tops or any type of removable roof panel will be allowed to race. If a car has a sunroof, or t tops it can be enclosed or covered with sheet metal (must be approved by WMP Tech Official) and allowed to compete.
-No two seater models allowed
-No mid-engine cars allowed
-FACTORY VIN NUMBER PLATE MUST BE IN THE ORIGINAL POSITION AND SHOW NO SIGNS OF TAMPERING. The only exception to this rule will be made on certain models or makes the have the VIN number plate attached to the vinyl dashboard and must be removed due to fire hazard (refer to the body rules). In that case you must complete and have on file with WMP. A VIN number plate form (filled out and approved) from the track with a photo (taken by one of the WMP Track Official)of the VIN number in its original OEM factory location before you start construction of that vehicle. NO EXCEPTIONS!! After construction of this car is complete the VIN number plate wil be permanently attached to the dash in as close to its original OEM factory location as possible.
-Bodies must be metal, and/or completely OEM factory stock.
-NO METAL WHAT SO EVER WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE CUT OR HULLED ANYWHERE ON THE CAR WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE CLEARANCE OF THE 3 DOOR BARS OF THE ROLL CAGE.
-No modifications to the body of any kind will be allowed.
-No weight rule.
-No weight additional weight can be removed/added from or to the car.
-All doors must be welded shut
-All external trim, molding, additional crome, antennas, side rear view mirrors, head lights, tail lights, rubber parts, windshield wipers, and etc. must be removed from car.
-All glass regardless of its location must be removed from the car.
-Front and rear bumpers must remain in there original OEM factory location. Additional bracing will be allowed.
- If a bumper comes completely off a car or has any part of it touching the ground or is found to be in a dangerous position the car will be black flagged.
-The hood and trunk/ hatchback lid must function on the original OEM factory stock hinges. There must be 2 hood pins located on each hood and trunk / hatchback lid to insure that they do not open on track due to failure of OEM latches.
-All upholstery, plastic, carpet, or any other item in the interior that could cause a fire hazard must be removed from the car. If your car has the OEM number plate attached to any part of the interior that must be removed please refer back to car rules.
-Factory stock OEM steering parts only in their original factory stock location and configuration. No additional steering enhancements allowed. No removal of any factory stock OEM steering parts
-Quick release steering wheels are the only modification allowed to the factory stock steering, but not required
-No rearview mirrors allowsed.
-Stock floor pan and stock front and rear firewalls must be maintained.
-Holes created by the removal of the headlights and tail lights must be covered with solid materials.
-Holes created by the removal of the grill must be covered with some type of expanded metal.
-Only factory stock OEM rear spoilers allowed. No after market spoiler, ground effects and/or skirting.
-Minimal ground clearance from the ground to the lowest part of the cars frame unibody or any part of the cars body will be 4-1/2".
-Roll cage must consist of continous hoops not less than 1-1/2" O.D. and must have a wall thickness of at least .083" (no splicing main loop). Must be welded to the frame or unibody not bolted. Must be mounted in at least four (4) places (or in other words a 4 point cage). Low carbon mild steel, seamless tubing is recommended.
-Roll cage must have three (3) door bars on driver side. Bars should be parallel to the ground and equally spaced.
-No bars allowed outside the car body.
-Must have two (2) windshield bars welded to the roll cage made of at least 1/2" tubing.
-Engines must be stock for year, make, and model of the vehicle and in the original OEM stock location with OEM motor mounts.
-Fuel injections or Throttle Bodies are allowed if they are original OEM equipment for that year, make, and model as per the factory records accordingto the VIN number plate.
-No Turbo Charged or Rotary engines allowed.
-No after market parts allowed anywhere on the car.
-No modifications allowed to the engine, factory stock in all aspects.
-All cars must retain ALL FACTORY COMPONENTS WHAT SO EVER according to the cars VIN number plate such as factory installed A/C compressors, Smog Pumps, etc... with the exception of all unnecessary belts to the operation of the car for racing purposes may be removed.
-Stock ignition system only for year, make, and model. No racing or performance enhancing units allowed.
-All cars must have a properly working starter.
-Radiators must be factory stock for the year, make, and model of the car and mounted in the original OEM mounted location with the factory drip bottle or reservoir in place and functioning at all times for overflow protection.
-Must have the original factory stock exhaust manifold for year, make, and model of car. Tail pipes must extend past the rear bar of the roll cage. The catalytic converter and muffler may be removed.
-All four brakes must be in proper working order and cannot be modified in any way.
TRANSMISSION & DRIVE TRAIN
-Transmission whether it be automatic or manual must be the factory stock OEM for the year, make, and model for that car as per the VIN number plate.
-Must be mounted in the original OEM position.
-Transmission must have all forward and reverse factory stock gears functioning in proper order.
-Only factory OEM stock replacement clutches allowed. No modifying, and no aftermarket, or high performance clutches allowed.
-No after market, or high performance parts whatsoever anywhere
-Must use OEM stock shifter.
-Factory stock OEM drive train only per VIN number plate.
-Differential must remain factory stock and cannot be locked.
-No modifications what so ever to the factory stock OEM suspension.
-No racing or performance enchancing springs, shocks, sway bars, bushings, etc.
TIRES AND WHEELS
-All wheels must be factory stock OEM (diameter & width) for that year, make and model of car as per the VIN number plate
-No racing or performance enchancing wheels allowed
-Wheels cannot be modified in any way such as moving wheel centers or having the wheel widened
-No wheel spacers allowed
-Longer wheel studs will be allowed, and larger lug nuts are recommended
-All four (4) tires must be D.O.T. legal with an "S" or "T" speed rating
-No tire allowed with a "V","W", or "Y" speed rating or any type of high performance tread or compound
-No retreads or recaps allowed
-All four tires must be the same size. No straggering, or size mixing of the sizes(example: 4ea. P195/75R 14)
-Tires will be the proper size for that year, make and model car per VIN number plate
-No tire shall have a Durometer reading softer than 58 points or that tire will be considered illegal
-Each tire must have a minimum air pressure of 25psi when going through TECH following the race
-All cars must have an aluminum-racing seat mounted to the roll cage. No floor mounted seats allowed
-All cars must have a safety harness with a minimum strap width of 3" and a submarine strap (or in other words a 5 point harness)
-All drivers must wear a Snell 95 rated or better helmet.
-All cars must have a Fire Extinguisher (dry chemcial only) on board mounted securely amd within easy reach of the driver.
-All cars with an electric fuel pump must have a ON/OFF switch in easy reach to the driver and yet easily reached by a track official or safety worker.
-Window nets required.
FUEL & FUEL TANK
-Gasoline only (not to exceed 110 octane)
-No alcohol, or nitrous
-All cars will have the original fuel tank for that year, make and model of car mounted in the original OEM position with the addition of two steel straps (2" X 1/8" or better) attached from the frame rail. In case that your car has no frame the straps must be welded to the unibody.
-No weight transferring devices of any kind such as traction control
-No racing radios (one way or two way) allowed
-The use of hazardous chemcials or heavy metals or materials as defined by the E.P.A. will result in the car being impounded and turned over to the E.P.A. immediately. Car, owner and/or driver will be held responsible.
-No electronics monitoring or computer devices capable of storing, transferring, or transmitting information. Only OEM factory stock gauges or basic aftermarket gauges such as oil pressure, oil temp, Etc.. will be allowed.
-Any driver with three feature wins in a season can be claimed for the price of $500.00 less seat, belts, window net & fire extinguisher during the remainder of the season (the three feature wins do not have to be consecutive)
DIRT DAUBERS RULES
-This claim will be CASH only ( no credit cards or checks) and $500.00 will go to the car owner of the car being exchanged.
-No car owner may claim his/her car for another unless that car has competed in three consecutive events.
-A car with a temporary driver, or provisional starter will not be allowed into an exchange.
-Only a car winning the feature can be claim for another car.
-A car owner can claim one car per season ONLY, but can have his/her car claimed as many times as the season will allow
-In case of multiple claims for exchange on the same car by 2 or more owners the track shall have a drawing to see which owner shall make the claim ( the owner losing out in the drawing will not be charged with using a claim) Should the first eligible owner withdraw his claim then the next eligible owner will be allowed to make the claim.
-A driver wishing to make a claim must drive his/her racecar immediately after the end of the feature race under it's own power to the WMP Tech Area.
-All claims must be made immediately after the end of the feature race. All claims must be in writing and accompanied with the $500.00 as intent to claim.
-The car owner of the car being claimed then has ten minutes to accept or refuse the claim.
-Any un-sports man like conduct during claim procedure will result in an immediate minimum $100.00 fine and/or suspension.
-Any sabotage discovered to a claimed car will result in the same penalties as a refusal of a car claim. Owners will be held accountable for any sabotage discovered while during the car claim and will be resonsible for any and all penalties as a result of any sabotage. Claims will be disallowed and money returned to claimer. Claimer will have a ten minute time limit to report all cases of sabotage from the time they take posession of the car.
-Refusal of this claim will result in the driver and car being disqualified for that race and for the rest of racing season, forfeits all winnings and trophies earned (think about it dont make a hasty decision that would ruin the rest of your season)
-There will be no claims in the first four events of the season (rain outs not included)
-All claims are exchanges (to claim a car it will cost $500 plus your car minus all safety equipment)
THIS CLASS IS A FOR FUN ONLY CLASS! THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU ARE COMPETING IN THIS DIVISION FOR ANY OTHER REASON THAN HAVING FUN, YOU ARE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION AND POSSIBLE SUSPENSION FROM COMPETING IN THIS CLASS. INTENTIONALLY CRASHING INTO OTHER VEHICLES MAY RESULT IN STRONG DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS. LET’S TRY TO KEEP THE CARS ON THE TRACK AND NOT ON THE WRECKERS.
This set of rules will be determined by WHYNOT MOTORSPORTS PARK officials and are final and binding.
The rules follow the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) guidelines.
1. V-6 or V-8 passenger cars.
2. No turbo-charged or high performance engines allowed.
3. No sports cars (two seaters).
4. Rear wheel drive vehicles only.
5. NO four-wheel drive vehicles allowed.
6. You may remove any item from the car that can be unbolted or unscrewed.
7. All glass or lights must be removed.
8. ABSOLUTELY NO weight ballast of any kind (concrete, metal, lead, wood or any other heavy material) to be added to car. No spare tires left in trunk.
9. ABSOLUTELY NO cutting, drilling or grinding of any kind
10. Any stock passenger car wheel that came on the car is allowed. Maximum seven(7) inch width. 13″, 14″, 15″ or 16″ by 7″ wheels only. Must be of like size and width.
10.All replacement parts must be either original stock or stock replacement parts ONLY.
ITEMS THAT MAY BE ADDED, CHANGED OR ALTERED:
1. Approved hood pins.
2. Approved trunk pins.
3. Four(4) point racing style seat belts.
4. Battery box and cover with strap. Battery may be moved to floor board behind passenger seat. If no passenger seat, battery may be mounted in right front floorboard.
5. Fuel tank mounts moved inside of trunk area(not thru trunk).
6. Roll cage, single hoop with two(2) down bars. Four(4)-point cages only.
7. Chain, bolt and /or weld all doors.
8. Aftermarket seat and mounts allowed.
9. One(1) inch lug nuts allowed.
This class will ALWAYS run last and may run in either direction.
There will be NO hot-laps for this class.
There may be a maximum of one(1) passenger riding in passengers seat.
ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST SHOW PROOF OF AGE BEFORE COMPETING IN EVENTS. MINIMUM AGE FOR ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS IS FOURTEEN YEARS OLD.
This class will compete for one trophy and nothing else but FUN!
This class will have a SPECIAL pace truck, better known as the WATER TRUCK. The “pace truck” may take as many laps as needed to ensure a very wet surface.
WARNING!!! You may get wet in this event! You will get dirty, so it is best not to wear white.
All drivers and passengers are required to wear a full fire suit, shoes, helmet, gloves and neck braces.
This class uses Enduro style rules. If you stop on track, do not unbuckle as you have just become an obstacle or chicane for everyone else to race around.
This class does not like to use the caution flag. IF YOU BRING OUT THE CAUTION FLAG, YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED FOR THAT EVENT. If you spin out or hit the wall, you need to KEEP MOVING, if possible.
Yellow or Red flags will only be brought in the event of dangerous conditions.
Car Numbers: must be BIG and visible from scoring tower.
THIS IS A CLAIM CLASS: ANYONE BUYING A TICKET (Grandstand or Pit) TO THAT RACE EVENT CAN CLAIM ANY CAR IN THE EVENT FOR $500 CASH. Any one wishing to claim any car must take $500 or more cash to front straight flagman and request claim. There is a two(2) minute time limit from completion of the event for claims. Driver’s may keep all safety related paraphenalia. Any one fourteen years or older may compete or ride as a passenger in this class.
Any changes or alterations not WRITTEN in rules may be subject to disqualification at any time and with no warning. Please check with WHYNOT MOTORSPORTS PARK TECH officials before attempting something that may get you disqualified.This class is a FOR FUN ONLY class and will remain as such. Any attempts to make it a professional class will not be tolerated. If any one begins to dominate this class, we have the right to take any action necessary including track buying car(s) or banning drivers from class to maintain a fun and enjoyable event for everyone to enjoy!! Please note this and govern yourselves accordingly!! Remember, if you get to tech and raise your voice to tech man, you can and may be immediately disqualified and/or barred from competing in this class in the future. We want everyone to have a fun and enjoyable time with this class.THIS A FOR FUN ONLY CLASS AND ANYONE NOT HAVING FUN WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!